Friday, December 28, 2007

Booked Face

Hrm. I just opened an account on Facebook, and I think I made a mistake by doing so. It's depressing to see how many people are in contact with people that I know, because I've wanted to get in touch with some of them for a long time. It makes me think that they must not have wanted to get in touch with me, since they could have . . . . But oh well. Mom always meets my complaints about not having any friends by saying that I need to make more of an effort. But how much effort am I supposed to put out? Is there a point where I say, okay, Sally's not investing anything in this relationship, so it's over?

1 comment:

Miriam Herm said...

i wonder about things like that, too. my friend hernan will be friends with someone no matter what they do or how long they do it. he's just loyal. and it's not that i'm super judgemental and leave the minute i don't like what my friends are doing, but i am a crappy friend. i don't initiate contact often, i don't get out and go places with people, i don't know, it's just something about me. once i am out, though, i usually have a good time. i guess it's just about being a proactive friend, which is exhausting, but at least you'll be in touch with more people.

and, another comment, whenever i complain about not having friends, or people leaving me out or ignoring me, my mom tells me that those people are not thinking about me as much as i am thinking about them. this, of course, makes me not want to think about people at all and then i REALLY have no friends. . . but i thought i'd throw that in.