Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Well, that makes sense.

Yesterday I noticed that Abby was sneezing a lot and had a runny nose. Last night she was sweet and jolly while we had people over for dinner, but as soon as they left and we tried to put her to bed she got very upset. We figure she probably had a sore throat and headache as well as a snotty nose, because this morning Regis woke up with it. :) When she woke up after about an hour, he went and rocked her back to sleep, even offering to sleep in the chair holding her if he needed to. Such sacrifice! I offered to let him stay home today and to coddle him so he could get over his cold quicker, but he opted to go to work since they'll be busy today. Abby is much more cheerful this morning, so hopefully Regis will recover quickly too.

Anyway, that's probably part of the reason Abby was noticeably twittier than usual. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking. But I did want to relate my favorite of her cute tricks: If you ask, "Can I give you lots of kisses?" she will lean her head towards you to receive them.

3 comments:

Dulcie said...

Tis the season for colds and flu's. There is nothing worse than baby runny noses, I just don't like them. eww.

Crystal said...

Apparently I spoke too soon: Regis came home at noon for the rest of the day. Poor guy. He really collapses when he gets sick.

And yeah, they're gross, but I'd rather have a baby runny nose to wipe than an adult runny nose, if it's someone else's. :)

Courtimedes said...

I will have to try out that new trick...