Sunday, February 08, 2009

News to You?

I was caught out at church today. I was forced to admit, right there in front of the ward librarians, that my protuberant tummy is not merely my attempt to add personal insulation against the winter cold. I'm grateful that the lady who asked insisted that my due date couldn't possibly be in July, since I still look "so tiny," but as I pointed out, I must not be THAT tiny, since she did notice. I must be doing better on that insulation than I thought. :)

At any rate, here are a few things you should know.

1. Do not ever refer to my condition as "preggers." EVER. "In the family way" is fine. "Knocked up" is humorous. "A bun in the oven" is okay. Take note and tread carefully.

2. I reserve the right to be irrational. If randomness is justifiable at no other time in my life, it is now.

3. My nose is very sensitive these days, more so than I remember the first time around. I will always think there is something bad in the fridge. I will gag seemingly without provocation. If you have a Snickers bar in your pocket, I WILL smell it. You'd better just give it to me.

4. I forget.

6 comments:

Dulcie said...

I didn't know you are pregnant! Congrats. I'll call you tomorrow and we'll plan a time for lunch. Congrats again!!!

Shelley said...

Congrats guys! I'm so happy for you- and I agree 100% with your rules. ;-)

Unknown said...

ha ha:) when i was like 16 wks pregnant with savannah a lady in our primary was like "i have to ask, are you expecting, i noticed you were getting bigger" I was so close to saying "no" and storming off just to make a point. People are stupid. just go get a snickers and forget about them!

Miriam Herm said...

YOU'RE PREGNANT? And you wanted to talk about toddler pants and welding machines??? And not tell me that perhaps you were in the family way (is that one allowed? I forget also, but not because I'm pregnant. That's just who I am)?

I'd say congratulations, but I'm a tad miffed.

How far along are you? And I HATE the term "bun in the oven" because I HATE the halloween costume where mom-to-be dresses as an oven with a bun inside and dad is the chef. UGH. UGH. UGH.

Crystal said...

See now, Miriam, that's what you get for not checking my blog obsessively every third hour the way you're supposed to. :) And now I'm really disappointed that I won't be pregnant during Halloween. Have you seen the one where the guy is a plug and the girl is an outlet? EW.

Miriam Herm said...

plug outlet costume is worse than bun in the oven and chef costume.

people, it's okay to be adults! embrace it!

i promise to be more obsessive about you, crystal.