Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dr. Who?

According to my pregnancy information emails, this is what my doctor thinks my baby looks like this week:

And this is what I think my baby looks like:
The emails I get (from babycenter.com) always compare the baby's size to a fruit or vegetable, which I find pretty hilarious. Anyone who has shopped for produce in California and Utah knows that oranges, for example, come in very different sizes.

But the real point here is that the doc and I disagree about when my estimated due date is. I say it's July 19th. He says it's July 31st, based on the size of the baby at my ultrasound. What? My baby is measuring under normal size? Well, take a look at me, Doc. Do I look like a large woman? How about Regis? Not a real big guy, is he? How about Abby? A little on the chunky side, you think? I mean, the fact that my first child was 6 lb. 10 oz. at birth when she was supposedly a week late and is still BELOW the 5th percentile in weight and height doesn't tell you anything?

I know, I know, he's just playing it safe, can't always trust patient's memory, due dates are only an estimate. That doesn't mean I have to like it.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Ha ha, I go to babycenter.com all the time. I am currently gestating a lemon.

Brook said...

My baby's an English hothouse Cucumber . . . or a two pound rump roast, depending on who you ask.

I think as long as you can make a deal with the baby that she will come on her own (i.e., without requiring any induction) you can thumb your nose at the doctor's estimates and STILL plan on coming to the family reunion! Yay! Yay! That's what I think you should do.

Bret and Kari VZ said...

i think the due date should be july 23rd. that is the best day, then your little one and i can have the same birthday. ;)