Sunday, June 07, 2009

How I Spent My Spring Vacation

This is how my family likes to spend our vacations:

All right, so we didn't do TOO much of that. We also went to the beach:

And to Sea World:

We had a great time visiting with Mom and Dad and Coral, Brook and Jake, Tyrus and Jen and Elena, and Miriam, Ryan, Ava, and Seth. The weather was gorgeous; the traffic was not. We had Afghani food for the first time, and learned why we don't shop at Nordstrom and why GPSs are so popular. Abby developed a love for airplanes and a hatred for sand. We ate a farmer's market full of strawberries and cherries, and played a great game of Twit. I'll save the rest of the details for Abby's journal, but I hope it's clear that we really enjoyed ourselves.

2 comments:

Brook said...

Whoa. Who is that huge woman in the plaid shirt on the couch?!? :) I'm glad you guys had fun. We sure enjoyed seeing you and playing with you guys.

Unknown said...

I'm jealous! Do you not shop at Nordstrom because of the ridiculous prices (my reason of choice) or another moral opposition? (like not wanting to dress your 2 year old like paris hilton?) But I love to window shop there, even if it means choking on my pretzel when I see the $105 baby true religion jeans!