Sunday, September 14, 2008

Puppy Love

Abby has become enamored of the blue velvet rocking chair we keep in her room. Old Blue is the reason she learned how to climb up, which was fortunately followed closely by climbing down. It took a while for us to realize that she actually knew how to get down, since once she is in the rocker she never wants to get out. Not only that, but now she's jealous, too: I am no longer allowed to accompany her in the chair. If she's feeling particularly magnanimous, I'm allowed to perch on the edge and assist her in rocking. Apparently my swaying skills are lacking, because she prefers to rock herself by smacking against the back of the chair. Although she loves the chair, she must not trust it completely, because even when she wants some alone time with it, I'm not allowed to leave the room. I'm supposed to stand a few feet away and watch her rock herself. Wait: I'm having an epiphany! It's not the chair she doesn't trust, it's me. She's trying to teach me to rock.

She must think I haven't grasped it yet, because whenever I try to remove her from the chair to put her to bed, she screams like a banshee and clings like a limpet. I'm tempted to throw her off by replacing the rocker with a glider. THEN we'll see who is in charge!

2 comments:

Dulcie said...

Cute blog!!! We need to be friends again. We are moving to Utah for good in January. Is that where you are? Or have you left already. Your daughter is a doll. She looks like you. You can check out our blog at www.theclaytonfam.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That's hilarious Crystal:) You are so good at writing i want to make you write for my blog - i'm better at just the pictures:)You and your sisters are all such amusing writers! Thanks for letting me take your pictures today your family is so cute!