Thursday, July 09, 2009

Last Place

I had an appointment this week to check on how the baby is cooking, and my doctor commented, "I've delivered all the babies due this month except for yours." Way to make me feel like I'm holding up the line, Doc.

My big sister had her first baby last week, and she has sweet tiny baby legs and a droll little mouth all drawn up like a bow.

I think the real reason women get tired of being pregnant in the ninth month is because people keep asking them if they are.

4 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

hey! just wondering if you're still pregnant. i guess you are. . .

just kidding.

i have always found the expression "mouth drawn up like a bow" odd. mostly because of the picture it paints in my mind. it is a very odd picture indeed.

Cory & Rebeca said...

hang in there, she'll come out sooner than later! Can't wait to see pics of the newest lefler. :)

Crystal said...

I guess I didn't word that right: I haven't gotten a lot of people asking if I'm still pregnant. But I HAVE gotten a lot of, "Are you really tired of being pregnant? Aren't you just DONE? I was SO done by this point when I was pregnant."

Brook said...

Oh, I'm so with you! People didn't ask me if I was tired of being pregnant, they TOLD me I was. I kept thinking, "Why do you assume I am anxious to go into labor, something I'm terrified about? I'm actually quite content with the status quo!"

Now, of course, I understand what they meant. She is WAY more fun outside the tummy than in. :)