Sunday, September 27, 2009

Topics of Conversation

Abby made what I think was her first unprompted sentence the other day, an important developmental milestone. It was "Bees . . . attack . . . you."

Evangeline has been smiling socially for about 3 weeks now. I'd forgotten how devastatingly cute toothless grins are.

Sometimes I feel like a mean wife. Like when I ask Regis, "What do you want for dinner? White chili, salad and sausages, tacos, stir-fry, or omelettes?" and he says "How about stir-fry?" and I say "Let's have tacos." And now you know what's on our menu for this week.

3 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

hilarious. i do the same thing to ryan. our poor men. except they aren't poor at all. i mean, we're offering to cook for them, for crying out loud! we're even pretending to offer them options! we are awesome wives.

i'll email you about this weekend. we're going to be in UTAH!!

Megan said...

Should I be concerned about Abby? Is she willing the bees to attack or rather making an observation? Anywho, it's still skinkin' cute!

Brook said...

Jake always says "Women don't want to hear your opinion, they want to hear their opinion in a lower register." I'm glad you agree, dear.