Thursday, March 23, 2006

Philosophizing

So, the other day I was in one of my more slow-moving philosophy classes, and was kind of joking with the girl next to me about Hume and Kant. She asked, "so why are you majoring in philosophy anyway?" Sad, sad question. I have no idea.
Okay, that's not really true. I know why: I couldn't think of anything I'd like to major in, I'd done well in all my philosophy classes so far, and I'd taken several of them, so I already had a bunch of credit. And that's about it. I really like ethics, especially Kant's ethics, but I absolutely hate and despise my medieval philosophy class. We're reading Augustine, Anselm, and Aquinas. It wouldn't be bad, I think, if the teacher was someone who actually teaches. But Professor X, who is teaching it, is SOOO boring! He reads out of the book what we were supposed to read for class, and then tells us the Latin words for random sections (and we care because?). And this class lasts for AN HOUR AND A HALF! BLLLAAAAAAAH! Oh well. I'm off to self-defense: much more fun, and enormously useful. ")

No comments: