Monday, August 06, 2007

Reeeeaady, Seeeeehhht . . .

Whine, whine. I'm still pregnant. Friday the 3rd came and went, with very little excitement. I had another appointment today, at which we learned that my cervix is not very good at discerning my wishes. (When I say dilate, I mean DILATE, dang it!) So now I'm scheduled to be inducted into the world of Mommydom, on Friday the 10th. I'm kind of bummed about that, since from what I hear, being induced is no fun and makes things more painful than a "normal" birth. Greater risk for a C-section, and all that. Boo. But on the bright side, at least we know the baby will sure be here by Saturday. This whole episode has a definite ending!

We had lots of fun Saturday night hanging out with Miriam, Ryan, and Ava, and some of their friends. Miriam was right: Shoots is my new favorite restaurant. Yum yum. It's kind of like P.F. Chang's, except maybe not so full of itself. I prefer the atmosphere of PFC, I think, but I definitely like the prices of Shoots better. :) Ava was hilarious. She makes very funny cute little noises, kind of like a mix between baby and lamb. People keep asking us "Are you ready for this?", particularly when someone's child is being especially rambunctious. Well, no, we aren't, but good thing nobody gives birth to a one-year-old, huh?

3 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

at least you know when your baby is coming. that's got to be a whole lot better than just sitting there and straining to feel some sort of labor pains.
shoots is the best. and you didn't even get to try my honey roasted walnut shrimp. while i thought about how delicious it was and how you should definitely try some, i ate last piece. oops! :D
thank goodness babies do not arrive one-year-old. obviously the size woudl be an issue, and if your baby was trying to crawl around in your stomach and grab things (organs, perhaps?) you'd be a tad more uncomfortable. on top of having been in labor for 21 months! God is merciful, is he not?
It was so good to see you and make bets during sacrament meeting!

Miriam Herm said...

ava's note to your now hopefully born daughter (seeing as it's sunday):

xx8HH H>AGFDV
?HGFT.;/..

I hope she said something nice.

Miriam Herm said...

will you blog about your baby already? i'm withering away with anticipation!