Friday, July 27, 2007

Sweet Tooth and Stripping

I want to know why my OBGYN's office doesn't have candy. I mean, c'mon, even some dentist's offices will give you a sugarfree lollipop if you're good during your appointment. And they just stick things in your mouth. I really could have used a candy yesterday. For starters, they lost my chart (verrrry impressive) and then I had to wait, half-dressed, lying in a very uncomfortable position, for the doctor to come. So he could check my cervix (ow) and then strip my membranes (freakin' OW!). And I was SUCH a good girl. No swearing, no kicking the mean man in the nose, or anything. I think I deserve a lollipop.

As far as baby goes, things look good. Her head's really low. I'm about 75% effaced. If I haven't gone into labor by next Friday, they're going to induce me by the next Friday. So apparently, come heck or high water, I'll have my baby in two weeks.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Very good point!! We should get some consolation prize...

Miriam Herm said...

i feel as though i should tell you your consolation prize is a baby. . .but i hated those comments when i was pregnant.
have regis get you another one of those yummy treats from chili's. . .the molten chocolate cake ones. (I really don't think it needs to be said that you deserve it. and as i type this i think that i deserve it)

Crystal said...

Whoa. Did you guess that the molten chocolate cake one was the dessert we got before, or is that just your favorite one? It was ridiculously tasty, and I'm not usually that into chocolate.

Miriam Herm said...

i guessed because it's my favorite and i know exactly what you were describing. . .
or i'm actually in utah and following you and regis around in spy clothes.