Monday, September 10, 2007

Wow, a Whole Month

Today is Bucket's official one month birthday. I'm tempted to make cupcakes. Cute little pink ones. I decided last night that it was getting too cold to let her sleep nekkid, so I put her in little footie pajamas. They were huge on her, but man did she look sweet. (I didn't really let her sleep naked--we wrapped her up in blankets. But it is getting too cold for that, I think.) She still doesn't fit into any of her newborn onesies, but she is filling out a bit. It's funny to see her in the 0-3 month clothes. I bet she'll be wearing them until she's about 6 months old. I really like a lot of the clothes she's gotten as presents. She's going to be such a stylin' little girl.

Napoleon has started school again. I think this semester is going to be really stressful for him. Partly because he's working half the time, and partly because his classes are really stinkin' hard, and partly because I can't handle caring for Bucket all by myself. As it is, I don't eat until around noon. I was never a morning person in the first place, and it's even worse when I have to wake up every three hours or so. This is why I HATE 8:30 church. I don't think anything should start before 9 in the morning. It's indecent.

2 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

not to depress you, but the worst time being a mom was the semester that ryan went back to school and i was on my own with a loaf all day. showering and eating were the most complicated things on the planet. and stressful. because what if someone snuck in to our apartment and took ava while i was blissfully in the shower? let's not continue that thought. . .
anyway, the happy part of this blog is that it gets better. it totally gets better. it'll get to the point where abby will play by herself and you won't have to hold her all day long.
maybe you should just come out and visit me (hint, hint). it's always more fun to parent with another grown-up around.

Crystal said...

Yeah, it's been hard with Regis gone all day, either at school or at work. I feel so successful if I shower, or do the dishes, or some laundry, but then when I think about it, it's kind of pitiful. :)

But hey, I have to admit it's getting better--it's getting better and better all the time. I really do enjoy singing her lots of songs and taking her for walks. And it's awesome when she smiles at me for real.