Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chilly

It is a very windy day today, and just looking out the window, I'm guessing it's cold out there. Which reminds me of my freezer.

This is my freezer just the way I like it. Over there on the right is our 1/16th of a cow. Seriously. Regis' grandma raises the cows, which, if you know her, makes a pretty funny mental image.

And if you're good, you can find two packages each of two of my favorite foods. First to find and identify them correctly in the comments gets glory.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Bacon and butter? (I didn't see any mozzarella cheese sticks)

Crystal said...

Oh Amber, you know me so well. :) I told Regis he was not permitted to guess, although it really didn't matter: he got the bacon, but thought pizza was the other one.

Brook said...

Oh, man. I would have won too. Amber got there first.

Miriam Herm said...

butter? i did not know that. ava loves butter too. i had to hide it in the fridge because she likes to get a stick out, peel it and just suck.
i'm with you on the bacon thing. and it's so easy to prepare too!

Crystal said...

Ava and Brook have something in common, then--Brook used to do the same. :) I'm not big on eating butter plain, but I do insist on using it when I make things like caramel sticky rolls, clam chowder, and cookies. Regis recently convinced me to switch over to spreadable butter instead of whatever that other spread is made of, and I think it's totally worth the extra money.

Crystal said...

Oh, and Abby and I had bacon for breakfast this morning. Mmmmm mmm.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I love the spreadable butter too. My cost-concession is the Country Crock Churn-Style spread, which has a buttery taste in spite of being super cheap. But yeah, especially for clam chowder, ain't nothing like the real thing, baby.