Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Progress

Abby took her first real steps today, I'm proud to report. She toddled between Regis and I for a good five minutes.

Even more exciting news: she imagined with me! It was very cute. She pretended to pick up something off the floor and hand it to me. I took it, said "thank you," and pretended to blow it out of my hand like a blowdart. She thought it was hilaaaarious and giggled with glee. So we did that for about 15 minutes. She was done with it before I was.

2 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

to me, the biggest sign that i am succeeding as a mother is to see ava use her imagination.

so congratulations, you are succeeding as a mother.

and i was so, so happy to have you and yours at my house. come again anytime for as long as you want. i love talking with you.

Crystal said...

Thanks for the validation! She certainly makes me feel like I'm doing something right.

It was wonderful to visit with you. Next time I get desperate for warm weather, ocean waves, and entertainingly eclectic conversation, we'll head your way.

Which is to say, see you next week! :)