Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm HUGE!

I have never felt so enormous in my life. Napoleon, sweet man that he is, tries to assure me that the baby is huge, not me. That does not make me feel too much better--she will, after all, have to come out of me. And, amazingly enough, it should be quite soon. We're into once-a-week visits to the doc. The visit before last, they told me they were going to test for group B strep, which I was okay with, since I'd heard that it doesn't hurt. And it didn't, so all is jolly and well, until the doctor says, "okay, now let's see if you're dilated." Uh, ok. He checked, informed us that he wouldn't even call it 1 cm yet, you're doing fine, see you in a week, and walked out of the room. As soon as he shut the door, I turned to Napoleon and said, emphatically, "OW!" How come nobody told me that getting your cervix checked stinkin' HURTS? Thinking about it later, my guess is that it's kind of overshadowed by the whole labor thing. And, ok, it didn't really hurt that bad, lest anyone think I've no chance of surviving actual labor. But still, they coulda told me!

2 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

it does HURT! But then I had this amazing midwife and everytime she checked my cervix it didn't hurt. I didn't even feel a thing!

PS I'm excited! You're going to have a baby!
PPS Does the baby have a name?

Crystal said...

Man, it's the opposite at my doctor's office. It's hurt a lot more to have the midwives check than the doctors! I just about kicked the woman who checked me yesterday--it was like she checked, then just kept wiggling her fingers around in there while I'm lying in agony!